The underpinnings of industry are in place and awaiting full capacity, full potential.
• Major roadways (I-57, I-55, 1-24,Rt 51, Rt 3 and Rt 60) with three river crossings. Upgrades are currently in planning.
• Canadian National operates class 1 rail lines with a bridge that crosses the Ohio River into Kentucky. There is opportunity for the re-commissioning of currently non-functioning local access lines.
• Bordered on the East, South, and West by the two largest rivers in North America (Mississippi and Ohio Rivers)
• Alexander County Regional Port District is already in operation. State chartered and certified for the movement of goods.
• Increasing opportunities for new construction and historic renovation
• Existing gas, water, electric, and telecommunications in many available properties
• Cairo Regional Airport located just north of I-57
While we welcome commercial ventures of all types, we've identified the following industries as prime candidates to take advantage of the opportunities that Cairo has to offer:
• Barge loading/offloading
• Light and heavy industrial manufacturing
• Shipping distribution centers
• Automotive industry suppliers
• Palette or gaylord manufacturing to service existing and future businesses
• Agribusiness of all types
• Railroad equipment manufacture and repair
• Chemical manufacturing
• Maritime industries